Lemon and Herb Crusted Cod
One of my hard and fast rules is, never mix fish and cheese. The small amount of manchego does something magical to cod. There is an exception to every rule I suppose!
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons of of finely grated Manchego cheese
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter substitute
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (I use 12 crushed Glutino crackers)
- 6 (6-oz.) cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh pepper
1. Whisk first 6 ingredients in a small bowl creating a loose paste.
2. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper.
3. Place fish in a lightly greased pyrex baking pan. Spoon breadcrumb mixture evenly onto fillets, pressing down gently.
4. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes until the fish is at 145 degrees.
Suggested side dishes:
Fluffy white rice