- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ med. onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. mushrooms (we love organic portabellos)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup almond milk
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- to taste salt and pepper
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley
- 2 oz. manchego or other firm goat cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the mushroom, herbs and garlic. Saute until the liquid has cooked out of the mushrooms (about 8 minutes)
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and allow to reduce
- Whisk the almond milk and goat cheese together. Add to the pan and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the firm cheese and incorporate.
- Add the cornstarch to the chicken stock and whisk to combine. Add to the pan with salt and pepper. Allow to reduce until it coats the spoon and is a suitable thickness for pasta.
Serve: Over Pasta or as a protein gravy
Pairs with: Meatballs or grilled chicken over pasta. Also makes a wonderful gravy over fried or grilled chicken and beef.
Yields: 3 cups of sauce
Time: 30 minutes