St. Patrick’s Baileys Cheesecake
This recipe is both gluten free and cow dairy free. The use of the creamy rich goat cheese is nothing short of sublime. This basic recipe can be used for any flavor of cheese cake. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces mild fresh goat cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of Baileys
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 ounces of semi sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup of gluten free chocolate cookie crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons of butter substitute melted
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Prep a springform or use a standard pie pan
- Put cookies in a food processor and process until smooth. Combine with butter and press into pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese with the granulated sugar, Baileys, and vanilla and beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg yolks, 2 at a time, incorporating them completely before adding the next batch. Beat in the cornstarch at low speed.
- In another bowl, using clean beaters, beat the egg whites on medium until foamy. Once foamy add a pinch of salt to stabilize. Continue to beat on medium high until firm.
- Fold one-third of the whites into the goat cheese mixture, then gently fold in the remaining whites.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the edges are firm but the center is slightly jiggly.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Top with shaved chocolate and serve with Chocolate Bailey’s sauce