Happy Pi Day y’all. In honor of this momentous occasion, I thought I would share a pie recipe!
- Gluten Free Pie crust
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon GF flour or cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter substitute
- 1/4 cup goat milk
- Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup of toasted coconut flake
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Blind bake your crust for 5 minutes at 425 degrees
- Pour the vinegar into the goat milk and let it sit until it begins to “bubble”. This souring mimics buttermilk.
- Beat the butter substitute and sugar in a stand mixer.
- Slowly add the eggs and vanilla
- Sift in the dry ingredients
- Add milk and coconut
- Pour into pre-baked piecrusts.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until the center is nearly set. Shield the edges with aluminum foil after 10 minutes to prevent over browning. Garnish with more coconut and powdered sugar.