I love creamy, rich, decadent sauces. It is one of the saddest things about saying no to cow dairy. I have fallen in love with goat milk in cooking. It has the rich decadence of whole milk with a kick.
• 2 tablespoons butter substitute
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 1 cup fresh goat milk
• 4 ounces French fresh goat cheese, broken into pieces
• 1/2 cup grated firm goat or sheep cheese
• 1/2 cup of dry white wine
• salt and pepper to taste
• fresh basil to finish
1. Cook pasta as directed.
2. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add garlic and gently cook for about a minute.
3. Add the cream, then the goat cheese and firm cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted into a sauce. Allow to simmer until thickened.
4. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, toss pasta into the pan to coat. Garnish with snipped fresh basil.
Yield: 4 servings.
Tips: Add mushroom, chicken or shellfish