Butter adds flavor and Crisco (while it may do you proud every time) has a weird wang to it. Almond extract does a better job of cutting through that Crisco taste than vanilla. You can try to use part butter flavored Crisco but that weird yellow color hurts my feelings. For snow white frosting use pure Crisco.
- 1 Cup Crisco ( you can half and half butter flavor and regular)
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 2 tablespoons goat milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Cream the crisco until fluffy
- Whip in the extract
- Sift in the sugar
- Add milk SLOWLY as needed. If you add too much at once, your frosting will break. A thicker consistency is better for spreading while a thinner consistency is better for piping.