- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon sugar
2 garlic cloves, finely grated, divided
6 ounces thin vermicelli noodles
1 ½-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
3 tablespoons neutral oil, divided
¾ pound boneless, skinless cod, cut into 2-inch pieces
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
1 bunch of dill, very coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- Red chilli flake if nightshades are not a concern
- Mix fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, half of garlic, and ¼ cup cold water in a small bowl until sugar dissolves; set aside. (optional chilli flake)
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mix ginger, turmeric, 2 Tbsp. oil, and remaining garlic in a medium bowl.
- Add fish and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high until shimmering.
- Add fish mixture and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown and just cooked through, 4–5 minutes.
- Add dill and scallion greens, toss a few times, then continue to cook until greens are barely wilted, about 30 seconds.
- Divide noodles, fish mixture, and peanuts among bowls. Top with scallion whites. Serve with the prepared sauce.