Whether you like candy corn or not, these cupcakes are such a festive treat. Simple to make and guaranteed to impress! You can always start from scratch but gluten free cake mixes are fail proof. I love the Krusteaz brand.
- 1 box of Krusteaz yellow cake mix
- Wilton yellow food coloring
- Wilton orange food coloring
- Candy Corn
- Cupcake Liners
- 1 Cup Crisco ( you can half and half butter flavor and regular)
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 2 tablespoons goat milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
Mix the cake mix according to instructions and then divide. Use a few drops of yellow food coloring to half and use the orange food coloring on the other half.
Arrange cupcake liners in a muffin tin ( live this silicone). Pour half the muffin cup full of yellow mix. Top with orange mix.
Bake according to directions.
While the cupcakes cool, mix your frosting. Cream the crisco until fluffy. Whip in the extract. Sift in the sugar. Add milk SLOWLY as needed. If you add too much at once, your frosting will break. A thicker consistency is better for cupcakes.
After the cupcakes cool, pipe the white frosting high! Here are my favorite jumbo frosting tips! You will need the jumbo connectors too. They make each cupcake and effortless work of art!
Top with a candy corn and collect your bows 🙂
Turn your Yellow Cake into a spice cake. Just add
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice or cloves