Lemon and Herb Crusted Cod
Every now and again the food gods smile on us in landlocked Nashville. The grocery has fresh cod. On these rare occasions, we prepare it with bread crumbs and dijon. So delicious!
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (I use 12 crushed Glutino crackers)
- 6 (6-oz.) cod fillets
- Fresh cracked pepper
1. Whisk first 5 ingredients in a small bowl creating a loose paste.
2. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper.
3. Dredge fillets in the mayo/mustard sauce. Place in a lightly greased pyrex baking pan. Spoon breadcrumb mixture evenly onto fillets, pressing down gently. Drizzle evenly with 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
4. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes until fish is at 145 degrees.
Suggested side dishes:
Fluffy white rice