Savory Lemon Chicken
- 1 lemon
- 4 large or 8 small skin-on, boneless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs oregano
- Fresh sage
- Fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of course ground mustard
- 8 strips of bacon
Preheat oven to 425°. Thinly slice lemon; discard any seeds.
Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
Fry the bacon reserving the grease
Coat a large room-temperature skillet with 1 teaspoon of the bacon grease over medium heat. Add chicken, skin side down. Let skin render and brown. Remove from pan.
Place lemon slices on the bottom of the pan. Return chicken to pan and place in the oven. add the fresh herbs. Cook until chicken registers 165 on a thermometer.
Remove chicken from the pan once again. Leave softened lemon slices in the skillet. Return pan to medium heat. Add shallot, garlic, mustard, wine and stock.
Return chicken to skillet, skin side up. Cook until the liquid reduces by half.
Yield: 4 servings