This is not night-shade free with the inclusion of andouille but sometimes, you just gotta live a little.
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1/2 link of Andouille, sliced and diced
- 1 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, diced
- 3 stocks of celery
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons of night shade free tomato paste
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1/4 cup of chicken or seafood stock
- 1/2 cup of parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup of Manchego cheese
- Black Pepper
- White pepper
- Fry the bacon until crispy in a large skillet or cast iron. Remove from pan and chop.
- Add the sausage to the pan and sear. Remove and chop.
- Add the shrimp in the drippings and sear on both side. Don’t over cook.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and add all of the vegetables to the pan. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add stock, half the zest and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage, bacon and shrimp. Heat throughout.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with parsley, zest and cheese.
- Serve over plain grits or cheese grits