Early childhood memories include this incredible flambeed dessert. It is so easy to make and so decadently divine with a rich, rummy caramel, simple bananas and a flashy, old school flambe technique. Nothing could be simpler or more impressive.
- 1/4 cup earth Balance or butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- 4 bananas, cut in half lengthwise, then halved
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- So Delicious vanilla bean ice cream or coconut whipped creme
- Combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a flambé pan or skillet.
- Place the pan over low heat either on an alcohol burner or on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the banana liqueur, then place the bananas in the pan.
- When the banana sections soften and begin to brown, carefully add the rum.
- Continue to cook the sauce until the rum is hot, then tip the pan slightly to ignite the rum.
- When the flames subside, lift the bananas out of the pan and place four pieces over each portion of ice cream.
- Generously spoon warm sauce over the top of the ice cream and serve immediately.
Tip: I love to add pecans for crunch. Non-traditional but I love the texture