Real chocolate pudding has been lost in time. The memory of it has been dulled by Jello Instant and pudding cups, all in the name of convenience. Scratch pudding is a decadent treat worthy of any meal. It is also easy to make with just 6 ingredients and a little whisking. Add flavored liquors like Grand Marnier, Creme de Menthe or Chambord for glamourous variety and delicious effect!
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole goat milk
- 1 cup chocolate dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the cornstarch, sugar and salt to a saucepan. Slowly whisk in the cold goat milk. Once well combined, place pan over medium-low heat. Whisk occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes, making sure that it does not come to a boil. Scrape the bottom and sides often so that it does not burn.
- When the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, slowly add chocolate chips, and vanilla. Stir until all chocolate has fully melted. Continue stirring over heat for 4-5 minutes until mixture is very thick.
- Pour into serving dishes (I love martini glasses)
- Gently lay plastic wrap on surface of pudding to avoid “skin.”
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
- Garnish and serve