These are so easy and so delicious. It is a wonderful alternative to baked potatoes or mashed potatoes. They are almost like the best parts of a potato skin appetizer. Add bacon, chives or sour cream for a divine app!
- 1 dozen yellow baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender, about 10 or so minutes. Drain
- Place potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a potato masher, carefully smash the potatoes until flattened Top with olive oil, garlic and thyme.
- Place into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.