Cherries Jubilee is a throw back to the 70’s but absolutely delicious! It is absolutely stunning with with vanilla ice cream. We eat dairy free, coconut based ice cream. it also make a decadent crepe filling or topping. Here is how we use it in crepes
- 1⁄2 cup butter substitute
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lb of bing cherry, pitted
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup brandy
- In a large sauce pan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the sugar and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cherries, orange juice and orange zest. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small cup, stir the cornstarch and water together, for a slurry.
- Stir the slurry into the cherry mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the brandy over the cherries.
- Carefully tip the pan into the burner flame to ignite. For an electric stove, use a match to flame the cherries.
GOAT CHEESE SPREAD
- 4 ounces of softened goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- splash of almond milk
Cream ingredients. Spread on crepe and top with cherries. Wrap and top with cherry sauce.