- 4 ears corn
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter substitute at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped lime zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- OPTIONAL 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (night shade)
- Soak whole corn in salted water for 30 minutes. This prevents husks from burning.
- Combine butter substitute, lime zest, juice, cilantro, salt and pepper (chili powder if desired).
- Peel back husks to remove silk.
- Coat each ear of corn in the butter mixture.
- Peel husks back down covering the corn.
- Grill whole corn on the grill for 15 minutes (or until tender).
- Top with more cilantro lime-butter and serve.