These are so simple to make and a wonderful family project. I love them anytime but no New Year’s Eve is complete without them in my book! From drizzles to swirls to decorative sugars, you can let your creativity run rampant!
- 1 pint (2 cups) medium-large strawberries (18 to 20 strawberries)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or white vanilla baking chips
- 1 teaspoon or Earth Balance dairy free butter substitute
- Rinse strawberries and dry on paper towels (berries must be completely dry).
- Line cookie sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and butter substitute over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip lower half of each strawberry into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip back into saucepan. Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate uncovered about 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm, or until ready to serve. Store covered in refrigerator so chocolate does not soften.