I may have to turn in a Southern card for this but I don’t actually like black eyed peas. They are waxy and unpleasant. For years I suffered through a spoonful on NYE until my friend Wes turned me on to FRIED black eyed peas! This is so easy, it is nearly cheating especially if you use frozen peas.
- 1 bag of frozen black eyed peas
- Oil for frying
- Thaw the peas and arrange on paper towels to absorb water
- Heat oil to 375 (it is ready when an inserted wooden spoon bubbles)
- Drop the peas and fry until they float
- Drain on dry paper towels
- Salt, pepper and top with parsley for color and serve