- 1/2 bottle of white wine
- 3/8 a cup of brandy
- 2 cups simple syrup, recipe follows
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in 1/2
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (3/4-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 6 small, firm, ripe Anjou pears, peeled
In a saucepan large enough to hold all the pears, combine the wine, simple syrup, cinnamon stick halves, honey, and ginger. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla bean and add the bean and seeds to the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the honey has melted.
Add the pears and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the pears are tender.
- Remove the pears from the liquid and allow to cool.
Continue to simmer the liquid until it thickens and is reduced by half, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Remove the cinnamon stick halves and the vanilla bean and discard.
- Place each pear on a small serving plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with the honey, ginger and cinnamon syrup. Serve immediately.