There are so many beautiful versions of this simple pie. Enjoy this one married with delicious coconut.
- Gluten Free Pie crust
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon GF flour or cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter substitute
- 1/4 cup goat milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of toasted coconut flake
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
Blind bake your crust for 5 minutes at 425 degrees
Mix together ingredients in a stand mixer.
Pour into pre-baked piecrusts.
Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until the center is nearly set. Shield the edges with a pie shield 10 minutes into the back time to prevent over browning. Garnish with more lemon.
No pie shield? Try this clever trick!