Since we don’t eat potatoes or wheat in my house… we often get bored of the same old starches. I recently discovered this amazing dish on a trip to Salt Lake City. It is so simple to make!
- 1 head of fresh cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 cup of finely diced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 cracks of fresh pepper
- Chop the cauliflower into florets. Pulse in food processor in batches until it resembles couscous or bread crumbs. Don’t over process or your couscous will become mushy.
- Add olive oil to a saute pan over medium heat. When hot add onion and saute for 2 minutes
- Add garlic, cauliflower and saute for 3 minutes
- Add additional ingredients and saute an additional 5 minutes.
- Add stock and saute until absorbed
- Cauliflower should be tender but not mushy.
Makes 4 cups
Takes 15 minutes to make
One Comment Add yours