- 1 cup jasmine or medium grain rice
- 1 (13.6 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of lime zest
- 1 tablespoon of butter substitute
- salt to taste
Combine the coconut milk and lime juice. Add water if needed to meet the liquid measurement on your rice package.
Add liquid to a pan or rice cooker with rice, butter substitute and salt. Cook according to directions (20 to 25 minutes). Don’t lift the lid. Instead, give the pan a gentle swirl.
When the rice is fully cooked fluff, add zest, add cilantro and serve.