- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 8), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup of goat or almond milk
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance butter substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (plus 1 Tablespoon for nuts)
- 10 ounces of whole pecans
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain and transfer to a stand mixer.
- Mix in butter, sugar, spices, vanilla and enough milk to whip them up.
- Transfer to a baking dish
- Toss pecans with 3 tablespoons of sugar and a sprinkling of spices. Arrange on top of the potatoes and bake 350 degrees until nuts brown.